Roofing and structural inspections can pose dangerous and costly challenges. UAVs can safely access hard-to-reach roof and structural components.
There are a number of UAV roofing and structural applications including:
- Residential and Commercial Wind and Hail Damage Assessments
- Moisture Intrusion
- Building Envelope
- Dimensional Analysis
- Contour Mapping
Fire & Explosion Investigations
Investigating the origin and cause of a fire scene sometimes requires a different perspective. UAVs can capture the birds-eye view of residential or commercial fires or explosions more quickly and efficiently than manned aerial flyovers. High-resolution photos and videos make it possible to observe fire patterns visible only from above, as well as capture footage of areas impossible to reach from the ground.
UAV fire and explosion applications include:
- Damage Assessment
- Origin and Cause
- Debris Field Analysis
UAVs can expand the scope of property underwriting inspections without adding cost or time. Their ability to easily and efficiently collect a wealth of information about a property means insurers can better document the condition of a risk prior to issuing a policy.
Underwriting applications include:
- Roof and Wall Condition Assessment
- Moisture Surveys
- Roof Drainage Surveys
- Ground Sloping (Drainage) Surveys
- Flood Simulations
Large Loss and Complex Claims
UAVs can deploy quickly to large losses to document the scene and provide data, two things that are essential when quick cleanup or restoration are paramount to securing an area or getting a business back up and running.
UAV large loss applications include:
- Accident Scene Documentation
- Industrial Losses
- Large Structure Collapse
UAV technology promises to increase the speed, safety, and efficiency of post-catastrophe response.
UAV deployment into disaster zones can:
- Provide Essential Intel That Will Assist in Post-Catastrophe Claims Triage, Including Pinpointing Areas of Greatest Damage
- Document Property Data Immediately After a Storm, Which Can Be Compared With Data Collected Weeks or Months Later During an On-Site Property Inspection
- Enhance Post-Processing Capabilities With Outputs Such as 3D Point Clouds or 3D Simulation