Donan is committed to ensuring all of our service lines offer exceptional quality at competitive rates. We’re also dedicated to identifying what our clients value and continually improving to better meet their evolving needs. Late last year we surveyed a sample of our clients who frequently use Donan for HVAC claim investigations to better understand what they value most about our HVAC service line and to discover what ways we can improve these services.
We received a lot of insight from the conversations that took place and we want to share that insight with you as context to changes we’ve implemented for 2015:
- The name Lightning Investigation, because of its focus on a single peril, was sometimes confusing and did not convey Donan’s full range of capabilities.
- Clients place a high value not only on the determination of an accurate cause of loss, but also on an accurate estimate of what it costs to return a unit to pre-loss condition.
- Competitive fixed-price offerings are extremely important for confidently handling HVAC claims that tend to be lower in value, but can add up quickly.
In response to these learnings, we’ve made strategic improvements and additions to Donan’s HVAC-focused service line:
- Lightning Investigation is now HVAC Forensics to better encompass the full range of services our Forensic Technicians provide. Beyond inspecting units for lightning or power surge damage, our experts also commonly investigate:
- Wear and Tear
- Mechanical Failure
- Improper Maintenance or Installation
- Windborne Objects
- In addition to our fixed-price HVAC investigations, we now also offer fixed-price Contractor Estimate Reviews that provide an expert opinion on the accuracy of both the reported cause of failure and repair and replacement recommendations.
- In order to expand the coverage area and increase the responsiveness of our fixed-price HVAC offerings, we have
- lowered our base prices:
- Fixed-Price HVAC Investigation $600 (previously $650)
- w/Destructive Testing $700 (previously $850)
- Fixed-Price HVAC Hail Investigation $600 (previously $650)
- and included a standard amount of mileage and travel time:
- fixed-price investigations listed above include two hours (90 miles) of roundtrip travel from the nearest enabled office
- additional travel will be billed at the standard hourly rate for Forensic Technicians ($95/hr) and mileage will be billed at the IRS rate
- there is a $250 surcharge per project in Oklahoma
- HVAC Forensics’ coverage has expanded to 19 states and 26 offices
- lowered our base prices:
We hope you’re as excited as we are about these enhancements to Donan’s HVAC services. We care about what our clients care about and hope you recognize these changes as evidence that your voice has been heard.
Share this Post